Strategic & creative marketer, demonstrating solid leadership, management, and communication skills.
Starbucks Coffee Company
Brand Manager, Digital & Loyalty | Oct. 2013-Present
Branded Solutions digital & loyalty strategy and creative (Starbucks Foodservice, Seattle’s Best Coffee Foodservice, Starbucks Office Coffee). Manage one direct report
- Developed a 2-year digital product roadmap, including web/mobile, email, social media, paid/organic search
- Initiated systems integration project, “Project Pixel,” including 2-year product roadmap and cross-functional team leadership
Digital Marketing Manager, Branded Solutions | April 2013-Oct. 2013 (CW via Aquent)
Developed the FY14 Branded Solutions digital marketing plan and program roadmap. Digital brand and creative management for Starbucks Foodservice, Seattle’s Best Coffee Foodservice, and Starbucks Office Coffee.
- Developed and implemented email campaign process for Branded Solutions
- Initiated mobile optimization strategy and roadmap for Branded Solutions web properties and seasonal campaigns
- Initiated recurring forums to integrate Branded Solutions digital programs into larger enterprise strategy
Brand Manager I, NACP | July 2012-March 2013 (CW via Aquent)
Developed the FY13 brand plan, budget, and marketing strategy for bottled Frappuccino. Brand owner for all advertising and marketing communications, including POS, package and graphics design, digital, etc. Creative and digital lead for NACP. Managed $5MM marketing budget.
- Developed strategy and creative approach for RTD loyalty program, including My Starbucks Rewards integration
- Led cross-functional team and graphics development for the new Caramel Frappuccino launch in multiple size and packaging formats
- Led cross-functional team responsible for re-launch of RTD Frappuccino in Canada
- Digital and creative lead for RTD Iced Coffee launch campaign
Associate Creative Director, Digital | Seattle, WA | Nov. 2011-June 2012
Oversaw and managed the conception, planning, and execution of digital campaigns for a variety of clients, including Microsoft, Amazon, T-Mobile, HBO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Parallels, Bath & Body Works, and Gilt Groupe. Led the development and rollout of the agency’s official creative process, which culminated in a larger agency process plan. Managed 4 direct reports: 2 designers, 2 copywriters.
- Microsoft – “Acer Holiday Wish List”
- Developed/executed with Microsoft and Acer, the “Holiday Wish List” let users select, share, and enter to win their entire wish list.
- Resulted in a total reach of more than 1.3 million Twitter users and over 160 million impressions on the Acer Facebook page.
- Parallels – “Spring Break Fever” Flash Sale
- Utilized social media and blogger outreach to drive online buzz, which drove down pricing as shares increased.
- Drove over $180K is sales over two days, far exceeding the established goal of $100K.
Marketing Communications Manager, Social Media | Redmond, WA | Aug. 2010-Nov. 2011 (Contract via Ally Marketing)
Developed and implemented robust social media engagement and content strategies for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, and Instagram. Became the trusted authority for social and community engagement within marketing and product teams. Spearheaded a customer service project that triaged, categorized, and prioritized online engagement as a feedback loop for engineering, providing a statistical and immediate way to see what customers said about the product, ultimately allowing engineers and product teams to act accordingly.
- Drove the increase of Bing Twitter followers from 45,000 in 2010 to over 180,000 in one year; doubled channel reach and YouTube subscribers in the same time
- Developed and implemented the social media strategy for the Bing & Jay-Z Decoded campaign, increasing monthly traffic to Bing by 11.7% in one month. 2011 Cannes Lions Grand Prix Award Winner
Associate Director, Social Media & PR / SEO Editor
Chattanooga, TN | Oct. 2009-July 2010
Launched AREA203’s first social media team. SEO Editor and digital copywriter for agency and client websites/blogs. Managed 2 direct reports: social media strategist and social media manager.
Kaiser Realty, Inc.
Sr. Marketing Manager | Gulf Shores, AL | Feb. 2007-Oct. 2009
The Kaiser Realty marketing department was in need of increasing the company’s digital presence, which is where I entered the picture. I was instrumental in developing an integrated digital strategy, which included a complete redesign of the company website and the company’s first foray in to social media. I was responsible for executing the 2008 digital marketing plan, which helped bring the company it’s best annual revenue report in company history, thanks to a 50% increase in online conversions driven from social media (Facebook), the TripAdvisor community, SEO/PPC, and targeted online advertising. This success continued into 2009.
In addition to driving the team’s digital efforts, I also drove the team’s creative efforts, which included print, TV, radio, and out-of-home advertising. I managed the creative process for the company’s annual Vacation Guide, a printed piece distributed to over 200,000 homes and tourism centers throughout the country.
Marketing Director | Gulf Shores, AL | Nov. 2005-Feb. 2007
Hope’s Cheesecake was in need of creating new streams of revenue and saw a clear growth opportunity in the digital space. As Marketing Director, I was the key player in developing the digital presence of Hope’s Cheesecake, including the company’s first e-commerce platform and its first official social media profiles (Facebook, MySpace, and Linkedin). As a result of these efforts, Hope’s saw a 300% increase in sales w/in the first year of launching.
Peach Fuzz Studios
Co-founder / Marketing Director / Producer | Oxford, MS | Aug. 2003-Nov. 2005
Fresh out of college and a short internship at a Nashville sound studio, I took my first leap into entrepreneurship, opening a recording studio in partnership with another local musician and producer. Although short-lived, we accomplished the rare feat of actually making a profit in the first year of operations.
During this time, I made what is perhaps the most important decision of my career, jumping into what was then a new and unexplored platform: MySpace, the first major social media platform. In addition to our presence on MySpace and other industry forums, I also used my industry connections in Nashville to not only bring up-and-coming Nashville rock acts to Oxford to record but also creating a bond between the cities of Nashville and Oxford that persists to this day.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL SKILLS
University of Mississippi | B.A. in Political Science (Cum Laude, 2002), B.A. in German (Cum Laude, 2002)
School of Visual Concepts, Seattle | Creative Direction, Advanced Copywriting, Creative Evaluation (2012)
SMX Advanced Seattle | Social Media Track (June 2011)
SMX Advanced Seattle | Social Media & SEO Track (June 2010)
Bruce Clay SEO Workshop | Advanced SEO Techniques, Analytics (June 2010)
Search Engine Workshops | Certified in Search Engine Marketing/Optimization (SEM/SEO)
Technology: Microsoft Office, Adobe CS6, HMTL5, CSS, PHP
Digital Strategy | Social Media/WoM Marketing | Creative Direction
Client & Public Relations | Leadership / Team-building | User Experience Design
Campaign Management | Project Management | Budget Management
Market Research & Analysis | B2C, B2B, C2C Campaign PlanningTweet